The joys of throwing a birthday party for a 5 year old who wishes for a Tigers and Dirty Jobs theme.
I absolutely adore throwing big parties. One of my favorite celebrations I love going nuts with is our kids birthdays. Everything from decorations, fun party games to food don't go without some insanity with the details.
The best 48 strawberry mascarpone filled cupcakes ever! Thanks Giadda!
The kids picked handfuls of bright yellow dandelions for table decorations. Pick as many of those as you want to kids!We have the best big old maple for pinatas. I remember as a kid going to an annual party with my parents. They always had a pinata. I have such fond memories of that party and the pinata was such a highlight. I think it may have influenced me a bit much. We have a pinata at every party we host.



Mike Rowe eat your heart out... we knew you would never make it to the party. Your film crew missed out on one of the best dirty jobs party games ever. Get the Tiger out of the Mud (or Frosted Flakes for those kids who didn't want to get messy) without using your hands!

My husband and son have joined in the party planning craziness with custom fireworks shows. They spent days planning the exact timing and explosive detail for an increadible night cap.
Friends spontaneously brought their instruments for some fireside tunes before the sky lit up to top off an amazing April evening.

For some reason my 5th birthday party sticks in my memory. I wonder if this party will stick in her memory as it will mine.
Happy Birthday my dear, tiger wild at heart, not afraid to get dirty, daughter.
Hold up that hand of five little digits and be proud to be 5.
P.S. thanks to my dear friend Molly for taking many of these photographs. I soooo want your camera!



No comments:
Post a Comment