Saturday, May 30, 2009

our garden sink


Mimicharmante inspired me to write about my garden sink.
Thanks to her for this lovely photograph of our new addition to our garden room.

For a couple years now, I have dreamed of a sink in the garden. Our garden is a room, an extension of the house. The gate opens in March and we can't wait for the first tasty little snacks. We spend hours out there, puttering, planting, and snacking.
We needed a place to wash earth off freshly harvested veggies.

A place to wash little helper hands.
A place to wash off handfuls of radishes and carrots to snack on.

I was really hoping one day to find an old concrete sink with metal stand. But they are unbelievably heavy and harder to find. Last summer my search began. I found a couple concrete contenders, but nothing compared to this lovely 1940's enamel sink I found a few months ago on Craig's list.

All it took was a fresh white wash of paint.
And a trip to the hardware store. Then a helpful husband to help with plumbing a french drain.

No comments:

Post a Comment