
Today was a day in the gardens. Our giant
Paul's Himalayan Mist rose is in full bloom over the garden fence. The fragrance of this rose is truely intoxicating. The wash of light pink blossoms with large clematis flower laden vines makes a stunning backdrop to our garden room.

One of the last drooping peonies.
Betty Boop rose always brings a smile to my face, as her colors start vibrant then fade to a muted pink and white.

I love to watch as this
Impressionist Rose turns more golden as the summer days lengthen.

One of my favorite and most hardy roses,
Hot Cocoa is just starting to open it's dark burgundy blossoms.

I adore cabbages, how they reach outward with such force, then curl tightly inside themselves.

These
Euringeum Sea Holly blossoms are a stunning spiky mass.

T-pees of purple pea blossoms will soon turn into purple pod peas. Can't wait for this yummy snack!

I just love the spiked texture of these golden clematis seed pods.

Even the spinach is blooming. So, I harvested a bushel basket of spinach leaves and feed the stems to the chickens. Time to make a pan of spanekopeta greek spinach pie for dinner!
I just love your rose/clematis combo on the fence! Stunning!!!
ReplyDeletexo