Monday, January 12, 2009

Life as I know it is a changing...

Seven and a half years ago, I stepped off the Microsoft campus, and went from a full time job designing User Interface for the Windows Media Player into the amazing full time adventure of Motherhood. Today I stepped back onto campus, thanks to Filter, to help the Windows Live Mobile team design mobile applications. Now you may wonder why? Here's seven reasons why:


  1. I have always had a passion for software design and technology. I owe this passion to my Dad. Ever since he brought home that first Apple computer to the farm, I have been hooked on weaving technology into my daily life. I couldn't get enough of that text adventure Zork, and the game Choplifter. Then learning how to program in LOGO and get a turtle to move across the screen was just thrilling to me. I threw a party for my entire high school class at our house, and we danced to 80's music with a black light and a Macintosh set up with some fancy new thing called a screen saver running. Now that was soooo totally awesome! I even tried to turn in my school papers printed out on a dot matrix printer, and the teachers wouldn't accept them, because I had used spell checker! Those were the days.
  2. I love thinking about and solving problems in software and technology with people. I'm fascinated how it changes our lifestyle and the impact it has on our children.
  3. I secretly want to stay "with it" so I can keep up with my kids and all their technology gadgets in their future. They may be programming Lego Mindstorms today and building worlds in the game Little Big Planet, but what will they be doing tomorrow? I want to know it and be a part of it.
  4. I want to climb some other mountains besides "Mount Washmore" piled up beside our washing machine. Not that I won't have to climb Mount Washmore on a regular basis, but I just want some new peaks to conquer with out the detergent.
  5. My loving husband supports my crazy and insane song like attitude: "Anything you can do, I can do better. I can do anything. Better than you. No, you can't. Yes, I can. No, you can't. Yes, I can. No, you can't. Yes, I can!"
  6. I'm terribly addicted to my crackberry, maybe working on some other mobile technology will cure my addiction? Afraid NOT!
  7. I want to come home at night and eat pizza with the kids. Tonight we made homemade dough... give me a few weeks and I may be writing about which we prefer Dominoes or Papa Murphy ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! The nice thing about a contract is it always ends too so you can go back to homemade pizza dough if the Papa Murphy's gets old.

    ReplyDelete