Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Yellow, Yellow...

Today I find myself missing the sun. Help! I need a big dose of vitamin D pronto! Mr. Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun please come out so I can play.

Inspired by the S.hop talk blog I follow, and this desperate need for sunshine, today I celebrate Yellow. Any yellow I can touch, any yellow I can rest my eyes upon: Mimosa yellow now the pantone color of 2009, butter yellow, Big Bird Yellow, number 2 pencil yellow, school bus yellow...thankfully NOT yellow snow!

I’m dressing Avril in yellow. I am wearing this new yellow shirt. Which by the way is hugely on sale at Body Central, grab one, it is adorable!

I dream of sticking my nose into this yellow Eureka tree rose in my garden.


I dream of the amazing fragrance from this huge yellow rose bush at Eureka Farm.



And a nod to the happy yellow sunflower from my summer garden.

Tonight I’m going to read this ripped up old, trippy, out of print childhood book I have from the 70’s called Yellow Yellow to the kids. The wacky illustrations are a riot! The other book we love by this same illustrator is called "Who Needs Doughuts".

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous yellow pick-me-up! *love* the yellow blouse! is that part of the new work wardrobe? such fun~
    xo

    ReplyDelete