Thursday, December 4, 2008

Apron Adventures... Part 1

Meet Lola. She is my favorite, most comfortable apron.

My Mom gave me Lola, which is appropriate since her best friend’s name is Lola. Actually Jill, named Lola by her grandkids, is also amazing in the kitchen. I have fond memories of Lola helping Mom cook in the Eureka Farm kitchen of my childhood and of Jill’s restaurant The Harvest Moon in Palouse,WA.

I can’t cook, bake or can anything without wearing Lola. If I can’t find her, I panic. I'll wear one of my other aprons in a pinch, but Lola always is my first pick! I swear the end result of whatever I do in the kitchen doesn’t turn out as well if she is not tied snuggly around my waist.

Maybe you want your own Lola apron? Zuzu? Stella? Or maybe you want your daughter to be the cutest little kitchen helper? Mom gave this lovely little Katie apron to my daughter Avril. Tara and Dave of Funktion may have your dream apron. A sweet blend of ruffles and flowers give feminine touch to your power in the kitchen.

Last night Lola and I made the best Original African Peanut Soup. A recipe from one of my old college haunts The Colophone Cafe in Fairhaven, WA. The ginger, garlic and peppers are perfect blend of spice to help kick this winter chill all the way to Africa.

Today, I’m putting on Lola to make my favorite Aunt Jene’s Sand Tarts and Marshmallow Snowflakes with the kids after school.

No comments:

Post a Comment