Friday, December 5, 2008

Pay it forward…a random drive through act of kindness


The idea of giving something to one person by paying another was invented by Benjamin Franklin as a "trick [...] for doing a deal of good with a little money", which came to be known as "Pay it forward".

Last night the kids and I experienced a random act of kindness. We spontaneously drove through Duvall Starbucks to each get a hot drink before heading to an evening Puppet show at Avril’s school.

I noticed there were several cars ahead of us, but figured we’d make it through the line and make it to the show.

After a short wait, we pull up to the window to pay. The girl at the window says with a huge smile “The funniest thing just happened, your drinks are free! The last eight cars have each been paying for the car behind them. A chain of 8 cars sharing a random act of kindness! That has never happened to me before! And since you are the last car in the line, your drinks are free!”

I owe a huge thank you to seven strangers. Or maybe it was you? Thank you for starting and continuing a random drive through act of kindness. Next time you see me going through a drive through, follow me. And you might just luck out and get your order for free. I owe you!

No comments:

Post a Comment