Today I walked in my Grandma Helen’s shoes: literally. Some days I love slipping into her old pair of Town and Country pumps to go on an adventure. Today they took me to an afternoon potluck and some good conversation with several neighbor ladies who live in the woods like me.
I couldn’t help but wonder how many potlucks my Grandma went to, in these shoes perhaps. Being a Farmer’s wife, I bet she went to more potlucks than she could count.
If these shoes could talk, what stories would they tell?
I look forward to another day of walking in my Grandma’s shoes.
My Grandma, Helen Ardeth Ochs, born in 1915. As I remember with flowers and a creative spirit in everything she touched, a true inspiration in our family. I miss you.

Good Ole Grandma Helen! What would life at Eureka Farms have been like without her???
ReplyDelete