Monday, December 1, 2008

My Hands Smell Like Rosemary

Rosemary grows with vigor in our kitchen garden. The kitchen garden is sheltered from harsh weather and has open southern exposure which is a perfect place for rosemary to thrive. Every year around this time, a couple weeks before the first frost, I prune the bushes back to maintain somewhat of a topiary shape.

This year the fragrant branches filled our little red wagon that Aidan gave me for Mothers Day years ago.

Instead of composting the branches, with a wire wreath frame and black ribbon, I decided to make two wreaths to hang in our entry way. To add a final touch to each wreath, a small cluster of grass, dried Eringium flowers and Crocosmia Lucifer seed pods were added. For smiles, I hid a black rubber spider on each wreath for the kids to find when they get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment